We asked you to tell us the 5 most important things to teach children about peace…and have gotten lots of great ideas!
Here are the results so far:
1. BE KIND AND COMPASSIONATE TO ALL LIVING THINGS
2. LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE YOUR OWN WAY
3. ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY
4. LET YOUR CREATIVITY SOAR
5 TRUST YOURSELFIf you do these five things you will have peace.
Compromise ~ Share ~ Empathize ~ Respect ~ Last but not least, Set Boundaries.
1. To keep peace you have to nurture it constantly.
1 Violence never solves problems 2 learn to control your anger 3 discussion is the mature and reasonable path to resolution of differences 4 work toward acceptance of other people’s opinions and values even if you are not in agreement. 5 if all else fails to resolve anger and aggression , walk away. There is always tomorrow to try again
l. Believe in yourself.
2. Have fun.
3. Be brave.
4. Celebrate diversity.
5. Be open to life.
- Teach children about other cultures. Differences should be celebrated and embraced.
- Teach personal responsibility. We are each responsible for our own actions.
- Teach self-respect and foster self-esteem.
- Teach kindness and compassion….in word and ACTION
- Teach problem solving and that there is more than one way to a solution to an issue.
1. READ…reading gives children a better understanding of the world
2. DON’T JUDGE OTHERS…people aren’t better than
one another, just different
3. ACT…doing something teaches children to stand up
for what they believe in and it teaches them to help whenever
they can…it shows them that they can make a difference
4. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THINGS/PEOPLE
THAT/WHO ENHANCE YOUR LIFE/JOY…if people are happy they
are more peaceful and share that feeling with others
5. DRAW BOUNDARIES & RESPECT YOURSELF…teaching kids
to draw boundaries that others can’t cross protects them and stops
them from becoming pawns for other people…it’s the anti-doormat rule
Keep sending in your thoughts!
Just leave your answers in the comments below or email them in to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will compile the results at the end into one cohesive list and post 🙂
Melanie and Gigi